10 ways you are ruining your outfit10:00 AM
Having a perfect, neat style doesn't mean spending your whole monthly salary on clothes. I already talked to you about the "10 pieces worth the investment", and while I still say there are some pieces on your closet that are really worth spending those extra savings, you might be ruining your whole outfit with the following mistakes. Be careful, and stay alert because some of these style mistakes them are really easy to fix!
- You think sweatshirts are strictly sport wear. And they're not! Although I'm still a bit reluctant about wearing them with skirts or more dressy outfits, I can finally say my sweatshirts stepped out of the sports wardrobe to conquer my regular, every-day routine outfits. There are currently tons of embellished and printed sweatshirts, made of non-sporty materials as chiffon or faux leather, which will do really well with your skinny pants or statement necklaces.
- Wrinkled clothing. You can't even imagine how scruffy and messy looks a wrinkled shirt, or a poorly pressed pair of pants. If you want to dress to impress, iron your clothes and don't leave any wrinkle on them! You can also take some of your most conflictive shirts and pants to the dry cleaner's twice a month!
- Short girls can't look good in maxi skirts. Absolutely lie! I'm myself the most average, 1.65m short girl, and I wear maxi skirts too. In fact, well-fitted and well-cut maxi skirts may even make you look taller pairing them with a top and let's say a cropped biker jacket.
- Dirty shoes. Dust and dirt is everywhere, did you know? Once you step your feet out to the street, no matter high heels, sneakers or mountain boots, they'll catch some dirt just because of walking around. Once arriving back home, take your time and a pair of baby wipes or smooth cloth and clean them up a little bit!
- You think clutches are only for nighttime. If you are nothing like me and don't use to carry tons of things, odds are wearing a clutch instead of a bag is the most reasonable choice! A dressy clutch can work as well with a pair of jeans for daylight!
- You never got anything tailored. Trust me: it's not as pricey as it may seem. And tailoring is not only getting a dress done for you exclusively, but adapting those clothes which don't fit to your body shape. Mass-produced clothing don’t fit us all the same way. Having a tailor fix hemlines, seams, sleeve lengths, even taking in too-wide garments can be the difference between looking fine and looking absolutely impeccable all the time.
- You are walking around with the flaps on the back of your jacket still sewn together. Those little thread Xs on the backs of jackets and blazers are not a design detail. Cut them out!
- You think sexy means showing tons of skin. And it is not! The key is balancing how much skin you show on top and bottom of your outfit.
- Logophilia. Looking like a neon-sign wherever you go is not cool or stylish. Instead, go for neutral, basic pieces that look good and are able to be paired with almost all your wardrobe.
- Whatever else you do, don't lie to your dry cleaner. Caring for your clothes is not a joke. So, whatever crazy homemade or granny's remedy you put on your clothes to fix that chocolate stain, tell your dry cleaner! They'll know better than anyone how to fix that mess.
How about you? Do you know any extra tips to not ruining our outfits?