How to: 10 pieces to buy on sales11:00 AM
(Image via www.misswhoeveryouare.com/)
Sales. If you've been reading Something Fashion for a while, you already know how to beat the sales period. But, do you know what are the best basic pieces to invest on?
I do not know about you, but my budget for fashion is quite limited. Yes, I do have this and those things, but others come from vintage and thrift, some are gifts and let's face it: after Christmas, if you want to buy clothes because your closet needs a rehab, or just for fun, the truth is that if they come with a better, cheaper price, it's always much better.
What I like about sales is that in addition to make many products more accessible (obviously, not high luxury brands have big discounts or even some, but other brands are pretty reasonable this period of the year), for me it's like a fulfilling feel to find a jacket which costs $100 turned into the same jacket with a 50% discount.
So basically the goal to achieve this time of year is to find good quality and design products we can use as much as possible in the future, coming seasons (as always: go for the basics), without falling into ruin.
Would you like to see what are my proposals? Keep reading!
- The coat. No matter if it is grey, black or white. It's always great and very useful to find that ''4x4'' coat you can use on some formal events or for school. A nice exemple? If you've seen Twilight or you are from the ''Edward Team'', you might know what kind of peacoat I'm talking about... Should I say something more?
- Basic pumps. Black is the key color, because it almost goes with anything. Nice for working, partying or a formal dinner. If you find the right ones, as much basic as possible with a medium height heel (you know: never go to extremes. Not too high, not too low heeled) and you walk comfortably on them, you've succeed! Grey, neutral browns or dark blue are also nice colors for a pair of pumps.
- Leather basic statement bag. I've said it many times before, but I won't never be tired on repeating it over and over again: invest in a good bag that will last you almost your entire life worths it. There's no need to spend a fortune, but leather bags are like shoes: if you find one according to your usual way of dressing, not too formal nor casual, you've made your sales!
- Cocktail or party dress. Although you won't use it immediately, buying a cocktail/party dress or something more formal in sales is great: they are not wearable for everyday (I wish I could do it *sigh*) so it is not bad to save some money by taking this chance and keeping them on your wardrobe for that special day.
- Boots. I am a total lover of high riding boots. On winter sales they're easy to find almost everywhere at very, very good prices. They are the typical shoes for my every day, easy to combine with a lot of things, available on lots of colors and styles.
- Jeans. Another basic. Invest on that pair of jeans that fit you and you feel comfortable on. Ripped, high or low, bootcut, skinny... It's the best moment to give your closet a rehab when talking about trousers and pants!
- Accessories. Statement necklaces or awesome earrings. You can also look amazing with a little bit: jeans and T-shirt, statement necklace and you're done! There are also nice offers when talking about jewelry, look for them!
- Leather jacket. Give your outfits that biker touch with a leather jacket. Shorter, longer, brown or black. Even fur jackets are great! There's still weird weather during the winter for using them a lot.
- Tailored suit. Who said suits are only for the office? Rock it wearing it complete with skirt or trousers, or use the blazer separate so you can use it many times as you want for a more casual touch. Another great investment to look for on sales!
- LBD. Ideal for almost any event you might think about. Look for a nice elegant shape, with sleeves or not. There will be as many outfits with that as your imagination can think about just changing shoes and mixing jewelry!